Banned Pages Mirror Site
Except for the addition of this comment and changes to the layout and navigation links, the content of this page was last updated on 1 November 1998 at 8:30am.
Michael's Banned Pages Mirror SiteI have established this site to help demonstrate the impossibility of censoring the Internet. I will be posting here copies of pages that have been banned or blocked in their country of origin. Please note that I may not agree with all of the pages that I have here, infact I may find some of them objectionable. However the solution to objectionable speech is not to ban it but more speach.
Currently mounted pages
- Canada currently bans anonymous political speech on the Internet. Further details are available here, as is an example of a banned page.
- Nottinghamshire County Council in the UK tried to suppress
a controversial child abuse report.
Further details on the attempt are
More recently I received a letter purportedly from John Gass of the Nottinghamshire County Concil asking that I remove reference to the Nottinghamshire County Council as it referes to information that is over 16 months old. I have replied to thank John Gass for reminding me to update this site.
- Brian Martin has been forced by the University of Wollongong administration to remove a page about the plight of Proffessor Pinnock from his site.
Free Speech OrganisationsThe following are some organisations which support free speech on the Internet.
- Electronic Frontiers Australia
- Electronic Frontier Canada
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Global Internet Liberty Campaign
Last updated 1 November 1998
Return to Michael's Home Page